Our privacy GDPR notice
This Privacy Notice lets you know what happens to the personal data we use and hold.
If you provide us with personal information on behalf of another person, you must ensure that it is accurate, up to date and that you have their authorisation to do so. You should make sure that you provide them with a copy of this Privacy Notice or let them know how to access it. Where this Privacy Notice refers to "you" this also includes data about anyone else named on the policy or whose data you provide us with.
Arete Institute and brands
We are the Arete Institute and act as the sole owner of the brand Artbreak. We are based in Prague, Czech Republic.
Personal data we hold and use
Below we have set out the types of information we and our frechisers use or hold about you for products. The next section tells you how we use your information.
• Personal and contact details and gender;
• Product beneficiaries and users;
• Records of your contact with us;
• Details of products and services you hold or have held, as well as your use of them and any claims or breakdowns, and any expressions of interest in the Arete Institute or its business partners. These will include details of products, service, claims, and use of them;
• Details of breakdowns, call outs, and claims made by you, your policy holders or policy beneficiaries, and product eligibility;
• Marketing information, including records of marketing communications, details of what you may be interested in, analysis and profiles we build up about you and your interests, and whether you open or read communications or links;
• Details of your usage of any of our websites or apps, details of your phone and its software (e.g. browser and set up information), browsing history, and other details obtained via cookies or similar technologies; and
• Third party transactions, such as where a person other than the account holder pays for or uses the services.
• Video footage or images when visiting one of our sites and of any art objects created during your Artbreak.
We may be unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Sources of your personal data
As we said above, the information we hold comes from different sources. These are:
• You directly, and any information from family members, policyholders or beneficiaries of products and services (for example, if they are authorised to act for you or are allowed to use a service you have with us);
• If you have cover via another company (e.g. a bank, insurer, car company and leasing company), from the company providing you that policy or cover;
• A third party or beneficiary, if they are making a claim under your policy;
• Information generated about you when you use our products and services;
• Intermediaries (such as comparison sites) we work with to provide products, services or quotes to you;
• Anyone who operates any of your accounts, products or services on your behalf (e.g. via a Power of Attorney, solicitors, intermediaries, etc);
Reasons for holding and using your personal data
The information is used by us and our frenchisee. The reasons for using your personal data are below.
A To provide you with our products or services or decide whether to do so:
1. Assessing an application for a policy, including considering whether or not to offer you the product or service, the price, the risk of doing so, availability of payment methods and the terms;
2. Communicating with you and holding records about our dealings and interactions with you, your fellow policyholders and beneficiaries;
3. To enable Arete Institute and/or our Artbreak branded frenchisee to provide you with your products and services, quote for products and services, or manage products and services you hold; and
4. To make automated decisions, including profiling, on whether to offer you a product or service, or the price, payment method, risk or terms of it.
B For our legitimate interests or those of others:
1. To develop our products or services using the information we hold;
2. To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels;
3. To link together your Artbreak products and services, including to enable you to view these in a single account or profile, linking together your accounts on our systems and using this combined view for the purposes listed in this section;
4. To test and improve the performance of our products, services, processes and systems;
5. To improve the operation of our business - and that of our business partners by improving customer service and operational performance and efficiency;
6. To develop new products and services, and to review and improve current products and services;
7. To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below);
8. For marketing analysis and related profiling to help us offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services;
9. To understand our customers, their use of our products, their preferences and develop models, including developing profiles, algorithms and statistical models;
10. To send marketing by SMS, email, phone, post, push notification, social media and digital channels (e.g. using Facebook Custom Audiences);
11. For market research, profiling, and analysis and developing statistics;
12. To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business; and
13. To share information with business partners as necessary for the purposes listed in this notice.
C To comply with our legal obligations such as our financial services or regulatory obligations such as our financial services or regulatory obligations.
D With your consent or explicit consent:
1. For some direct marketing communications which are not based on our legitimate interests; and
2. For some of our profiling and other automated decision making which is not required for contractual or legal purposes.
Sharing and disclosures of your personal data
The categories of third parties we use are listed below. We will use these third parties for all the reasons we have described in this notice and they may process the types of personal information we also hold or use.
• With our frenchise partners;
• With any parties involved in a claim if they need to receive information to allow us to handle a claim made by you or against you, or if either insurer needs to investigate a case of fraud;
• With service providers who are a part of providing products and services to you or help us to operate our business;
• Police and law enforcement agencies if we are required, or to support a criminal investigation;
• Governmental and regulatory bodies.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time by using the contact details in the Contact Us section below.
Changes to your data
You should tell us if the personal information you have provided to us changes so that we can update our records.
We may monitor communications with you, which may include recording telephone calls to and from our business, where permitted by law. We do this for quality control and staff training purposes, to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, data, and systems, and to enforce compliance with our internal policies.
Retention of your personal data
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
• For as long as we provide products or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us;
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance; or
• For as long as we have reasonable business needs.
Your data protection rights
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under European data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances so your request may not always be granted. If you wish to use any of them, we will explain when we respond to you if they apply or not, or if we will comply or not with your request, including the reasons why.
• The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
• The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
• The right to object to processing of your personal information;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
• The right to have your personal information erased;
• The right to request access to your personal information and how we process it; and
• The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information.
You have a right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data used for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the contact details in your policy documents or listed below to exercise these rights.
Opting out of marketing
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice when appropriate.